Thursday, August 16, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
Reply to: Joellen Raderstorf, Executive Director
Starting Aug 15, 2007
If you have an appetite for raising money for social change, this is an outrageously great opportunity: great mission, great organization, great team!
Flexible hours, can work from home.
Volunteer position with potential to move into a paid position.
Become the Development Diva of Mothers Acting Up (MAU), a movement of mothers publicly and passionately advocating for the world’s children. MAU inspires, educates and engages mothers* a gigantic force to be reckoned with to prioritize children in our corporate and public policies. MAU believes that when mothers lead, generations of global citizens will follow. The organization is in its fifth year with a strong foundation and well-connected team.
All the raw materials are in place, awaiting someone who is inspired!
* mothers and others, on stilts or off, who exercise protective care over someone smaller
- Love raising money for social change
- Development, Marketing and PR experience
- Familiarity with grant funding sources and processes
- Donor cultivation knowledge and/or experience
- Passionate commitment to a peaceful, child-friendly world
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer savvy
- Event planning knowledge and/or experience
Major responsibilities include:
- Work with MAU team to create development plan
- Pursue sponsorship opportunities for MAU’s 5th annual Handbook
- Support marketing and distribution of MAU Handbook
- Assist in planning, coordination and implementation of fall fundraiser
- Research and apply for grants (corporate and foundation) for MAU
- Maintain and enhance current donor tracking/management systems
- Provide donor cultivation guidance
Check out MAU at www.mothersactingup.org